Thursday, August 29, 2013

Commitment to the Cross

Mark:8:34: And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Jesus is looking for those that can deny themselves, pick up the cross and follow Him. We should:

Deny Ourselves – That’s means that the “bless me” brand of Christianity is out of touch with God’s expectations. It is about HIM not US. Our prayers about us, our songs about us, our selfish way of asking for what we want is not what Jesus is looking for.

Pick Up The CROSS – Bear it, wear it, live your life through it. Understand the price of it, glory in the persecution that comes with it, The way of the CROSS leads home…and every other way gets us lost and Hell bound.

Follow Jesus – Follow the example of His life, the teaching of His words, the direction of His Holy Spirit in your life. Literally become His disciple, His servant, a member of His Body, a subject of His Kingdom. He is more than a bracelet, a t-shirt, or a chrome fish on your car. He is GOD and He requires nothing less than TOTAL commitment.

Jesus wants Commitment, but some are on the outs:

Cop Outs – do not commit.
Hold Outs – are afraid to commit.
Drop Outs – commit, then quit.

Jesus needs All Outs – Set their sights, make the commitment, and pay the price to reach their goal.

Mark 8:35 : For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

2Timothy:4:7-8: I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

ARE YOU COMMITED?

No comments:

Post a Comment